The majestic Southern Drakensberg and Maluti Mountains is the backdrop of the Alpine Swift venue which looks over the cascading waters of the Bell River. The veld and natural flora in summer and the snow-capped mountains in winter makes for beautiful photos to last a lifetime.
The venue building has two adjacent sections of approximately the same size.
The first section is a reception area, leading to a cocktail lounge with fireplace, and restaurant with bar that can comfortably seat 120 guests. There are male and female bathrooms.
The second section is a carpeted hall that can seat 150 guests.
Both sections, being next to each other, have wooden sliding doors and windows on the northern side facing the massive mountains. Through the sliding doors, the adjoining wooden decks are large and have the same floor surface area as that of the entire inside of the venue. There are three thatched gazebos. The deck and gazebos can be used for ceremonies. At the end of the wooden decks, steps lead you down via a boardwalk to the gardens, cultivated pastures, farm dam and forest, all suited for those perfect photo settings.
- Cake table
- Basic cutlery and crockery
- Basic glassware (champagne / wine / tumblers)
- Deck wooden benches and umbrellas
60 – 100 guests R14,900
101 – 150 guests R19,900
- Tin candle holders
- Salt and pepper holders
- Table numbers
- Seating plan
- Three-course meal: harvest table, main course (two meat, two veg, two starch and one salad), and one dessert
- Other catering options available like platters, spit braai. Let us know what your requirements are
- R490 per person
- Venue fee (see above)
- Waiters at R350 each
- Barman at R450 each
Terms & conditions
Bookings & Cancellations
- The contract is only considered accepted once the contract is signed and a deposit of R12,000 paid
- 50% of the final amount is payable two months prior to the function
- The final balance is payable 14 days prior to the function, and the final amount of guests cannot be changed thereafter.
- No payment is refunded if booking is cancelled six months prior to the wedding.
- If cancellation of the wedding is received in writing more than six months before the wedding, then 50% of the deposit is refundable.
- We recommend one waiter per 30 guests
- The venue and facilities close at 24h00, unless otherwise arranged. An additional fee of R500 per hour will be charged, and venue final closing time is 02h00
- Smoking and vaping will not be permitted inside the venue
- Alpine Swift Pty Ltd will solely be responsible for catering services and arrangements.
- No food may be brought into the venue.
- No takeaways will be permitted
- Prices are subject to change due to various reasons. Clients will be notified in advance.
- Alcoholic or non-alcoholic table wine and champagne may be brought into the venue at an extra corkage fee per 750ml bottle.